1840 - 1890
Terraced two-bay three-storey stucco-fronted house, built c. 1860, within a terrace of four houses, unified by stucco enrichment, and emphasised by superimposed rendered Doric pilasters rising through each floor level to party walls. Pitched artificial slate roof with a shared rendered chimneystack to west party wall and cast-iron rainwater goods on overhanging eaves with paired timber brackets and roll moulding below. Painted ruled and lined rendered walls on moulded plinth course. Pilaster located on party wall between pair of houses. Square-headed window openings with decorative moulded surrounds and painted sills which continue as platbands across the façade to second and first floors. Replacement timber casement windows. Square-headed door opening with surround as per windows and replacement timber door opening onto limestone step to street.
A pleasant stucco-fronted terraced house forming part of a terrace of four, most closely resembling No. 18 in its façade treatment. Retaining most external features except windows and door, it forms an attractive aspect to the street.