1860 - 1865
Corner-sited gable-ended three-bay four-storey polychromatic red brick building, dated 1862, rising above the adjacent buildings with a five-bay third floor level modern shopfront to ground floor level. Pitched natural slate roof with large brick chimneystack to south gable having a corbelled pointed-arch detail. Corbelled brick eaves to north gable. Moulded cast-iron rainwater goods on polychromatic corbelled eaves. Red brick front elevation laid in Flemish bond with a diagonal brick cornice and vitrified brick course at sill levels and at the level of the springing of the first floor window arches. Vitrified brick lettering to window piers at first and second floor level reading: AD 1862. Painted brick north-facing side elevation with unpainted vitrified brick stringcourses. Segmental-arched window openings with red and vitrified brick arches, red brick reveals, flush vitrified brick sills, and one-over-one timber sash windows with ogee horns. Polished granite shopfront, c. 2000, with an over-wrought steel-framed glazed canopy.
A well-maintained polychromatic brick building rising above the surrounding buildings and dominating this important corner site, with most of its external features intact. This structure forms a pleasing corner to this streetscape.