1780 - 1820
Detached six-bay six-storey random coursed stone corn warehouse, built c. 1800, facing south, with two hoist bays to street front and nine-bay side elevations. Now in use as a gallery. M-profile natural slate roof with gables hidden behind high parapet wall with stone coping. Metal and plastic rainwater goods. Squared and tooled random coursed limestone walls with random rubble limestone to other elevations. Cast-iron wall tie plates. Squared quoins to all corners. Gauged red brick flat-arched window openings with fixed-pane timber windows. Boarded-up camber-headed red brick arch loophole openings. Voussoirs stone flat-arched openings to ground floor level with timber windows and two door openings with double-leaf timber doors. Gauged red brick segmental-headed window openings with square-headed bipartite timber windows to side elevations. Standing on a large open area used as a car park.
An imposing limestone warehouse, with its heavy massing and large scale, it maintains a link with the area's industrial past. Its continued use is important in a rapidly changing era.