Survey Data

Reg No

21400852


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1800 - 1840


Coordinates

96486, 90787


Date Recorded

28/11/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced single-bay three-storey house, built c. 1820, with two-storey canted oriel window to centre of upper floors. Renovated, c. 1890, with timber pilaster pubfront inserted to ground floor having decorative consoles, canted section to centre of fascia and moulded cornice. Extended to rear to west in latter part of twentieth century, comprising five-bay two-storey lower return possibly incorporating fabric of earlier return. Steeply pitched slate roof with truncated chimneystack, cast-iron gutter and downpipe. Painted rendered walls with projecting eaves course. Painted sills, second floor sills appear to be later insertion, to timber one-over-one pane sliding sash windows. Timber framed display windows, central timber double-leaf glazed and panelled door to ground floor. Set at junction with Pawn Office Lane, part of jostle stone remains in laneway.