Survey Data

Reg No

21400838


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


Date

1860 - 1880


Coordinates

96508, 90798


Date Recorded

28/11/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced three-bay three-storey house, built c. 1870, with square-headed integral carriage arch to left ground floor and render façade enrichments to upper floors. Five-bay three-storey lower return to rear to east. Ground floor remodelled in late twentieth century with pair of timber and render shopfronts inserted. Pitched artificial slate roof with parapet wall to façade, rendered chimneystacks with cornice, cast-iron hopper and downpipe to rear. Painted rendered walls with raised render quoins, render moulded sill course at second floor, render cornice and profiled stone coping to parapet. Elaborate render window surrounds with panelled pilasters supporting entablatures with curvilinear panels over. Keystones and curvilinear apron panels to second floor entablatures. Timber one-over-one pane sliding sash windows and replacement uPVC windows. Archway to rear having limestone jostle stone to north side with bench mark