Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use

Town/county hall

In Use As

Town/county hall


1925 - 1935


96557, 90566

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached six-bay three-storey town hall, built c. 1930, having single-bay single-storey flat-roofed projecting porch. Three-storey elliptical-bow bay window to side elevation to north. Flat roof with parapet walls, rendered chimneystacks and pyramidal glazed skylight. Banded rusticated render walls at ground floor with render cornice string course above. Roughcast rendered walls to upper floors, having render entablature to parapet. Upper floor openings have double-height render surrounds. Projecting flat roofed porch with paired render pilasters and entablature. Window above entrance flanked by pilasters with decorative motifs over. Gateway, built c. 1930, to west comprising pair of granite ashlar piers with wrought-iron gates. Laneway to south with arch continuing facade render. North facade closes vista up Main Street.