Survey Data

Reg No

21400828


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Bank/financial institution


In Use As

Bank/financial institution


Date

1870 - 1890


Coordinates

96541, 90578


Date Recorded

25/11/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced six-bay three-storey bank, built c. 1880, with square-headed integral carriage arch to right ground floor and render fa├žade enrichments to upper floors. Renovated in latter part of twentieth century with ground floor remodelled. Granite front inserted with four-bay single-storey breakfront having square-headed open internal porch to right. Carriage arch remodelled in late twentieth century. Rendered chimneystacks with decorative panels and cornice. Moulded cast-iron gutter and square section downpipe. Painted rendered walls having full-height panelled pilaster strips with consoles, consoled segmental moulded pediments to window openings to first floor, moulded sill course to top floor, segmental-headed window openings to top floor having lugged archivolts with keystones and modillioned cornice over. Timber one-over-one pane sliding sash windows. Large display windows to ground floor. Street frontage.