Survey Data

Reg No

21400610


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Church/chapel


In Use As

Church/chapel


Date

1805 - 1810


Coordinates

44828, 101248


Date Recorded

22/11/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Freestanding double-height Georgian Gothic Revival style Church of Ireland church, built 1807, originally with five-bay side elevation and single-bay two-stage engaged tower to south-west gable end on a square plan formerly having battlemented parapet and octagonal spire. Renovated and extended, 1840, with single-bay double-height transept added to north-west elevation. Renovated, 1974, with tower truncated. Pitched artificial slate roofs. Exposed rubble stone walls, some walls rendered, having projecting eaves course and base batter. Lancet windows having framed lattice glazing to west window and elaborate timber tracery to chancel window. Pointed arch to doorway with replacement timber door. Graveyard to site with various cut-stone grave markers, c. 1810-present. Gateway, built c. 1810, to south-west comprising limestone ashlar piers with cast-iron gates.