Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social
In Use As
1860 - 1880
Terraced two-bay three-storey house, built c. 1870, as a pair. Now also in use as public house. Renovated, 1912, with Celtic Revival style timber pilaster pubfront by Pat McAuliffe inserted to ground floor and render façade enrichments added to upper floors. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron gutter. Painted rendered walls having render figure of Erin with harp, round tower, wolfhound and motto "Erin Go Bragh". Render strips to sides of facade with Celtic motifs. Painted sill course at second floor broken at centre. Replacement aluminium windows. Replacement timber display windows and doors to pub. Pubfront has Celtic Revival style strapwork to pilasters and consoles, fascia signboard with raised lettering and cast-iron balustrade over with urns. Street frontage.