Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Social, Technical
In Use As
1865 - 1885
Freestanding gabled-fronted double-height Hiberno Romanesque style Roman Catholic church, built c. 1875, with five-bay nave elevation and base batter. Two-bay double-height lower chancel to north-east gable end having two-bay single-storey lean-to sacristy to north corner. Reroofed in latter part of twentieth century, with copper sheeting and bellcote removed from south-west gable. Retaining sandstone chimneystack to sacristy. Random squared red sandstone walls. Round-headed door opening to south-west gable end having fielded reveal and double-leaf doors. Round-headed narrow window openings with sandstone surrounds having battered reveals. Single volume interior with exposed roof trusses and remodelled chancel. Sandstone ashlar battered surround to sacristy door and battered reveals in arched niche to south door. Three stained glass panels, c. 1980. Rubble stone boundary walls to site.