Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Historical, Social
In Use As
1740 - 1780
Detached five-bay two-storey over basement house, built c. 1760, with single-bay full-height breakfront having single-bay full-height bowed projecting bay to south elevation. Renovated and extended, 1832, with two-bay single-storey lateral wings. Subsequently in use as monastery, c. 1910. Now in private residential use. Pitched and hipped slate roof with lead ridge rolls and rendered chimneystacks. Painted and rendered walls. Timber six-over-nine and six-over-six pane sliding sash windows with limestone sills. Tripartite window above entrance. Round-headed doorway having painted Ionic doorcase, engaged columns in 1830's style, decorative iron fanlight, timber panelled door, brass bell pull and limestone threshold. Stable complex, built c. 1760, to west. Gateway, built c. 1760, to east comprising pair of limestone ashlar piers with ovoid finials having cast-iron gates.