Survey Data

Reg No

21008037


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Barracks


In Use As

Barracks


Date

1800 - 1820


Coordinates

84448, 113603


Date Recorded

04/10/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached seven-bay two-storey officers quarters, built c. 1810, with three-bay two-storey extension to rear. Hipped natural slate roof with nap rendered chimneystacks, polygonal clayware pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Ashlar limestone chimneystacks to extension. Roughcast rendered walls, with brick arched recess to extension and having limestone string courses at impost level. Timber sliding sash windows with stone sills. Timber panelled door with toplight and ashlar limestone surround. Rubble stone boundary walls with limestone ashlar surrounds to openings and limestone piers with cast metal double leaf gates.