Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Artistic Archaeological
In Use As
1825 - 1830
Corner-sited end-of-terrace former house, built 1826, formerly used as retail outlet, now in use as restaurant premises, refurbished 2003. Pitched and hipped mineralised felt over slate roof with cast-iron rooflight, rendered chimneystack, polygonal clayware pots and projecting cornice. Channelled rendered walls to ground floor. Nap rendered walls with moulded quoins to upper floors having moulded string courses at sill levels. Timber sliding sash windows with moulded stucco decorative surrounds to upper floors. Fixed timber round-arched windows and aluminium half glazed fixed windows to ground floor. Stucco pilaster and entablature shopfront to ground floor. West party wall reputed to be extant wall of former castle.