Survey Data

Reg No

21007034


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Bank/financial institution


Date

1925 - 1930


Coordinates

83599, 114280


Date Recorded

30/09/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached six-bay three-storey over basement former bank, built 1928, with single-storey extension to rear c. 1980. Undergoing substantial renovation works 2003. Pitched hipped slated roof with brick chimneystack having moulded limestone cornice. Flat metallised felt roof to extension. Channelled limestone ashlar walls with engaged Ionic columns having entablature above to ground floor. Red brick walls with limestone string course at sill levels to upper levels, having limestone parapet wall with mutules. Timber one-over-one sliding sash windows with limestone sills and moulded limestone surrounds, pedimented to second floor. Timber panelled double leaf doors with toplights to either end of ground floor. Cast-iron railings on limestone plinth. Limestone steps to front doors.