Survey Data

Reg No

21007032


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1800 - 1820


Coordinates

83603, 114259


Date Recorded

30/09/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced three-bay three-storey over basement house, built c. 1810, with two-storey split-level return and two-storey extensions to rear c. 1972. Now also in use as surgery, and having art gallery to basement. Pitched double-span purple slate roof with rendered chimneystack, polygonal clayware pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Nap rendered walls with projecting metal sign. Timber one-over-one sliding sash windows with limestone sills. Timber panelled door with painted lintel surrounded by engaged Ionic columns having fanlight above with moulded archivolt. Top hung outward opening window and timber flush door to basement area. Wrought-iron railings on limestone plinth. Stone steps up to front. Concrete steps to basement area. Attached two-storey rubble stone outbuilding to rear with single-pitched artificial slate roof and rubble stone walls.