Survey Data

Reg No

21007031


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

House


Historical Use

Community centre


In Use As

Hostel


Date

1825 - 1830


Coordinates

83600, 114247


Date Recorded

30/09/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

End-of-terrace five-bay three-storey over basement former house, built c. 1826, with two single-storey over basement bay window projections to side (south) wall and three-storey over basement extension to rear c. 1995. Later used as hall and now in use as hostel and restaurant. Pitched and hipped double-span artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack, galvanised and cast-iron rainwater goods and decorative polygonal clayware pots. Lined-and-ruled nap rendered walls over rubble stone masonry. Timber sliding sash windows with limestone sills. Timber panelled door with carved lintel and engaged Ionic columns, surrounding decorative metal radial fanlight with moulded ashlar archivolt above. Timber sliding sash tripartite windows to side elevation. Decorative wrought-iron railings on rendered retaining wall with stone coping. Stone steps up to entrance level. Stone flagged steps to basement area.