Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Artistic Historical Social
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Terraced three-bay three-storey over basement house, built c. 1820, with three-storey extension to rear. Formerly used as bank and now in use as offices. Pitched natural slate roof with rendered chimneystack, polygonal clayware pots and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled nap rendered walls having metal projecting bracket with painted sign. Ashlar quoins to return to rear. uPVC top hung outward opening windows with painted limestone sills. Timber panelled door with carved entablature and engaged Ionic columns flanked by margin lights with radial fanlight above surrounded by moulded archivolt. Timber panelled door to basement. Cast-iron railings with limestone plinth. Limestone steps up to front door. Concrete steps down to basement area. Reputed to have been a residence of Daniel O Connell.