Survey Data

Reg No

21006006


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

Shop/retail outlet


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


Date

1905 - 1910


Coordinates

83616, 114386


Date Recorded

23/09/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Attached five-bay three-storey Edwardian former department store, built 1907, now in use as three retail outlets. Pitched artificial slate roof with projecting parapet. Red brick walls with terracotta decorative panels between first and second floor and extensive terracotta detailing to parapet. Cement rendered walls to gable. Timber fixed and top hung outward opening windows with red brick moulded mullions and reveals. Two-storey oriel window to central bay of upper floors. Timber fixed windows and timber glazed doors to ground floor with painted shop signs above.