Survey Data

Reg No

20987023


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1830 - 1850


Coordinates

176586, 65454


Date Recorded

27/05/2009


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Semi-detached two-bay two-storey gable-fronted house, built c.1840, having recent single-pitch addition to side (south-west). Pitched slate roof with timber clad eaves course, rendered chimneystack, recent rooflights and uPVC rainwater goods. Timber bargeboards with finial to front (south-east) gable. Rendered walls with plinth. Square-headed window openings with tooled limestone sills throughout, having uPVC casement windows to front elevation and six-over-six pane timber sliding sash window to side (north-east) elevation. Pointed arch window openings with limestone sills to front gable, having replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed door opening with timber doorcase to side elevation, having glazed timber door with overlight and limestone stepped approach. Roughcast rendered enclosing wall with cast-iron railings, square-profile rendered gate piers with tooled limestone caps and single-leaf cast-iron gate.

Appraisal

One of a pair of semi-detached houses that are distinguished from other nearby buildings by their gable-fronted elevations. Their early Victorian style, fenestration and historic character add interest to the coastal streetscape.