Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1860 - 1880


81199, 28223

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached seven-bay two-storey former house, built c.1870, now in use as restaurant, gallery and shop. Originally pair of semi-detached houses. Pitched artificial slate roof having rendered chimneystacks with uPVC and aluminium rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed openings with two-over-two and one-over-one timber sliding sash windows and concrete sills. Square-headed door opening with timber glazed door. Central shopfront comprising timber pilasters flanking window openings and door openings supporting timber fascia and dentilated cornice. Square-headed openings with timber fixed pane display windows and timber sill. Square-headed door openings with timber panelled and timber glazed doors. Shopfront to west comprising square-headed opening with blocked timber display window and square-headed door opening with timber glazed door.


This shopfront has a similar modest design to other contemporary shops within Goleen village. Despite alterations the building retains much of its original character. It makes a positive contribution to the local streetscape with the various openings and shopfronts.