Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1780 - 1820
Attached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1800, formerly also in use as shop and having render shopfront to ground floor front elevation. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered end chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed openings with timber casement windows to first floor, two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows to ground floor, and replacement timber panelled door with plain overlight. Shopfront to ground floor comprising render pilasters with render fascia having nameplate with raised lettering.
Simple minimalist shopfront provides reminder of previous use. Ground floor windows likely to have been enlarged for display of goods. Unusual unevenly divided timber sash windows add interest to the façade. Makes a positive contribution to the streetscape.