1800 - 1805
Triple-arch hump-back road bridge, built 1803, over Belvelly Channel. Rubble limestone construction, comprising three-centred arch flanked by round-headed arches and series of diminishing blind round-headed arches, all having ashlar voussoirs, some with dropped cut limestone keystones. Dressed limestone copings to parapet walls and tooled cut limestone V-cutwaters to both elevations.
Historic bridge connecting Cobh with Foaty Island and the mainland. Finely executed, the elegant articulation of the arches together with their flanking walls alludes to a continuous arcade marching across the channel. This attention to detail and aesthetic composition points to the highly skilled construction methods employed in the eighteenth century.