Survey Data

Reg No

20907223


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural


Original Use

Country house


In Use As

House


Date

1800 - 1840


Coordinates

151634, 71608


Date Recorded

11/05/2009


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached five-bay two-storey house, built c.1820, having single-storey lean-to glazed porch to front (west). Four-bay wing and recent flat-roofed addition to side (north) and single-storey addition to rear (east). Hipped slate roof to main block and wing having rendered overhanging eaves, rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron and uPVC rainwater goods. uPVC clad eaves to wing. Pitched slate roof to rear addition having redbrick chimneystack. Roughcast rendered walls throughout. Square-headed window openings with tooled limestone sills to main block and rendered sills to wing. Six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows with some uPVC replacements. Timber panelled shutters visible to interior of openings to main block. Round-headed door opening with rendered surround to interior of porch, having timber panelled door with fanlight. Located within own grounds.

Appraisal

The symmetry and order of the front façade of this fine house is typical of the classically influenced country houses of rural Ireland. The building has maintained a great deal of its traditional character through the retention of historic fabric including timber sliding sash windows, a fine slate roof and internal timber panelled shutters.