1800 - 1840
Pair of freestanding carved limestone square-profile piers, erected c. 1820, former entrance to country house. Rusticated bases, ashlar shafts, carved cornices, and pyramidal capitals.
Tall piers, formerly at the entrance to the demesne of Leadinton country house, now demolished, but once an important feature in the locality. They show evidence of thoughtful design and execution, skilled stone cutting and carving. The pair create visual interest and curiosity on the rural road.