Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1840
Gates and walls, built c.1820, as entrance to Ballybrack House. Square-profile limestone piers with recessed panels, string courses and moulded caps to wrought-iron gates. Rubble stone boundary wall to north and south
This fine gateway forms an elegant entrance to Ballybrack House. The stonework of the piers is skilfully executed, with the flanking rubble stone boundary walls adding textural interest. The entrance is an attractive feature along Donnybrook Hill and the only visible indicator of the presence of Ballybrack House.