Survey Data

Reg No

20871020


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1895 - 1905


Coordinates

169649, 69933


Date Recorded

16/05/2011


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Pair of semi-detached two-bay two-storey with attic houses, built c.1900, having gablets, lean-to open canopy porch shared with neighbour and canted bays to front (west) elevation. Two-storey extension to southern house. Pitched slate roofs with red brick chimneystacks having yellow brick dressings and uPVC rainwater goods. Red brick walls laid in English garden wall bond with yellow brick string courses. Square-headed window openings to gablets and canted bays, segmental-headed window openings to first floor with yellow brick voussoirs. Rendered sills and uPVC windows throughout. Round-headed door opening with yellow brick voussoirs, timber panelled and half-glazed timber doors. Cast-iron gates and rendered boundary walls to front of site.

Appraisal

Built as part of a larger group of three pairs, this turn of the century pair displays interesting features including canted bay windows, gablets and eye-catching chimneystacks. The red and yellow brick utilised in its construction adds colour and textural variation to the pair, as well as adding colour to the streetscape. The fine railings and gates are typical of its time.