Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1930
Pair of two-bay two-storey houses, built c.1920, having projecting bays with full-height canted bay windows to south elevations projecting porches and extensions to rear. Hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves, terracotta crested ridge tiles, rendered chimneystacks, terracotta finials to canted bays and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast render walls with brick plinth and smooth render to canted bays. Square-headed window openings with render sills and timber casement windows. Paired windows to first floor, south elevation. uPVC windows to east house. Glazed porches with timber doors having large oblong glazed panels with leaded stained glass. Set back from street with gardens to front bounded by red brick plinth walls having wrought-iron railings and square-profile gate piers with pre-cast ceramic capping stones and ball finials to wrought-iron gates.
This pair of houses displays an interesting mixture of architectural features, with the ceramic decorative details of the roof, gates and railings typical of the early twentieth century, while the design and style of the houses themselves are notably more modern. The brick walls and cast iron railings and gates are identical to all the houses on this side of the street.