Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Social
In Use As
1940 - 1960
Detached single-bay single-storey substation, built c.1950. Flat roof with moulded cornice. Rendered walls with decorative plaque and raised render surround to entrance. Triple timber matchboards doors with louvred vents. Circular opening with fixed louvres.
This substation is representative of the design employed by the ESB in the mid twentieth century, and is a well-articulated building, with a high level of design and detailing. Notable features include the moulded cornice and the eye-catching plaque.