Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


In Use As



1790 - 1830


163831, 50505

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay three-storey former house, built c.1810, now in use as office. Shopfront to front (south-west) elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with channelled render quoins. Square-headed window openings with render sills and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows. Timber shopfront comprising fluted pilasters, architrave, frieze and cornice. Square-headed window opening with fixed timber-framed four-pane display window with timber glazing bars. Square-headed door openings having single-pane overlights, timber panelled and double-leaf timber glazed doors. Fronts directly onto street.


When considered as part of a terrace of three former houses, it would appear that this former house originally formed a single house with adjoining pair of buildings to the north. It seems that the facades were altered to reflect its subdivision into three separate units. The variety of window openings and render details have been used to assert the varying ownership of each building. Nonetheless, the terrace retains much historic character and fabric. The late nineteenth century shopfront is an attractive later insertion.