Survey Data

Reg No

20851047


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1760 - 1800


Coordinates

164052, 50107


Date Recorded

05/03/2009


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced two-bay three-storey house with integral laneway, built c.1780. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls. Square-headed openings having six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows. Oriel window to first floor having pair of windows with curved window panes. Wrought-iron sill guard to ground floor window. Pedimented doorcase comprising panelled Doric pilasters flanking timber panelled door, having cobweb fanlight and open bed pediment above. Limestone step to front door. Timber battened door to laneway.

Appraisal

This eighteenth century building makes a fine addition to the streetscape. It retains many characteristic features, including the timber sliding sash windows, first floor oriel and well-executed doorcase. The irregular window pattern is a quirky and attractive feature.