Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1760 - 1800


163850, 50523

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced two-bay two-storey with attic accommodation former house, built c.1780, with arch to front (south-west). Now in use as retail outlet. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack, cast-iron and aluminium rainwater goods and recent rooflights. Roughcast rendered walls, rendered eaves course and plinth to front elevation. Camber-headed window openings to first floor with stone sills, having eight-over-eight pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed window opening to ground floor having timber-framed twelve-pane display window, surmounted by casement overlights. Opening surmounted by recent timber signage with flanking timber shutters. Round-headed opening to arch, now in use as porch, having rendered surround and wrought-iron gate. Square-headed door openings to interior of arch with recent timber-panelled doors. Recent cast-iron railing to concrete stepped approach.


This attractive building forms an integral part of a short terrace. The retention of historical features such as timber sliding sash windows further enhance the fa├žade and ensure that the building makes a positive contribution to the streetscape