Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1740 - 1780
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey with dormer attic house, built c.1760, now also in use as shop. Pitched slate roof with recent rendered chimneystack, rooflights and cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Square-headed openings with timber sliding sash windows and render sills. Timber shopfront comprising pilasters flanking tripartite display window and timber glazed door, having fascia and cornice above. Timber battened door leading to upper floor.
Built as part of a terrace during the eighteenth century, this building is now end-of-terrace, due to alterations to the streetscape in the mid twentieth century. The gable of the building, which formerly was a continuation of the terrace, appears slightly cranked to accommodate the slight turn in the building line. Though renovated in recent years, the building remains an integral part of an interesting terrace an interesting terrace, and its early character is particularly discernable in its steeply pitched roof.