Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


In Use As

Public house


1770 - 1810


163860, 50524

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay three-storey former house with slightly canted front, built c.1790. Shopfront inserted to ground floor, now in use as restaurant/bar. Pitched slate roof with overhanging eaves, rendered chimneystacks, eaves course and replacement uPVC rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls with raised render sill bands to first and second floors. Square-headed window openings having raised render surrounds and sills. Replacement uPVC windows throughout. Round-headed door opening comprising moulded render surround with engaged Ionic columns surmounted by frieze and cornice. Timber panelled door and decorated spider web fanlight. Timber shopfront comprising pilasters, fascia board with raised lettering and cornice. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door and overlight having arcaded timber glazing. Fixed timber framed display windows with timber mullions over render stall risers. Fronting directly onto street.


This building has retained some interesting and significant features, particularly the ornate doorcase with its fanlight and Ionic columns. The scale and form of the building are in keeping with the surrounding buildings. It makes a positive contribution to the streetscape.