Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1840 - 1880
Terraced three-bay three-storey former house, built c.1860, having recent shopfront to front (north) elevation. Pitched roof with panelled rendered parapet and concealed rainwater goods. Rendered walls having rendered sill band to second floor and double-height channelled rendered panelled pilasters to first and second floors. Diminishing square-headed window openings with render sills and uPVC casement windows, having moulded render surrounds. Scroll consoles supporting render pediments over first floor window openings. Replacement timber shopfront having square-headed window openings with metal framed display windows. Square-headed door openings having replacement glazed metal doors.
Occupying a prominent position within South Main Street, this building is a fine example of the diversity of architecture in the town. Its Italianate façade, with its pilasters and pediments, adds interest to the streetscape. The parapet would appear to be a later twentieth century addition, or at least its Art Deco detailing dates to that time.