Survey Data

Reg No

20842019


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

House


In Use As

Community centre


Date

1880 - 1920


Coordinates

159283, 70648


Date Recorded

20/04/2009


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c.1900, having central gabled bay and porch to front (east) elevation and flat-roofed extension to rear (west). Now in use as youth centre. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks, timber bargeboards to gables and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with sill course to first floor. Square-headed window openings with tooled limestone sills and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows. Render hood mouldings to ground floor openings with decorative label stops. Square-headed door opening with replacement timber battened door, single-pane overlight and tooled limestone step. Square-profile concrete piers and boundary wall to front of site. Set within own grounds.

Appraisal

This building forms one of a pair located on Station Road. The façade is enlivened by decorative features such as hood mouldings, a gabled bay, sash windows and tooled limestone sills. The pair makes a positive contribution to the streetscape which has unfortunately lost much of its historic fabric.