Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Artistic, Social

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1860 - 1900


159523, 70737

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Attached three-bay two-storey house and shop, built c.1880, having shopfront to ground floor and oriel windows to first floor. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack and uPVC rainwater goods. Rendered walls with rendered sill course and plinth. Square-headed window opening with rendered surround and decorative keystone to central bay of first floor, flanked by square-headed tripartite window openings to oriels. Replacement uPVC windows. Rendered shopfront to ground floor comprising pair of square-headed fixed timber-framed single-pane display windows with render sills and paired round-headed fanlights surmounted by hood mouldings with central carved mask. Round-headed door opening to central bay with double-leaf timber panelled doors, raised render surround and archivolt having raised keystone with mask, surmounted by hood moulding. Fronts directly onto street.


Fine craftsmanship is apparent in the detailing of this building's shopfront and round-headed window openings with decorative hood mouldings and masks. Together with its neighbour, the pair adds traditional character to a streetscape which has lost much of its historic fabric.