Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1890
Terraced single-bay three-storey house, built c.1870, with shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as restaurant. Pitched slate roof with rooflight, rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted smooth rendered walls. Square-headed tripartite openings comprising two-over-two and flanking one-over-one timber sliding sash windows with rendered sill to second floor. Recent timber shopfront comprising pilasters with capitals supporting fascia board and cornice. Square-headed opening with arcade of camber-headed timber fixed pane display windows.
Built as one of a terrace, the form and proportions of this building contribute to the coherence and character of the streetscape. The elevation is greatly enhanced by the retention and variety of well-executed timber sliding sash windows.