Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1910
Terraced three-bay three-storey former house, built c.1890, with shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as office and commercial premises. Pitched roof with red brick chimneystack and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted smooth rendered walls. Square-headed openings with two-over-two timber sliding sash windows and rendered sills. Timber shopfront comprising incised pilasters, paired to north side, with capitals supporting architrave, fascia board and corbelled cornice. Square-headed opening with timber fixed pane display window flanked by square-headed door openings with timber panelled and timber glazed doors with overlights.
Built as one of a terrace of four, the scale and defined proportions of this building add interest and coherence to the streetscape. The retention of simply proportioned timber sliding sash windows adds character to the façade.