Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1910
Terraced four-bay three-storey house, built c.1890, having integral carriage arch to ground floor. Now in use as house and commercial premises. Pitched roof with red brick chimneystack and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted smooth rendered walls. Square-headed openings with two-over-two timber sliding sash windows to upper floors, one-over-one timber sliding sash windows with moulded render surrounds to ground floor and rendered sills throughout. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door, overlight and moulded render surround incorporating Caduceus emblem within keystone. Square-headed carriage arch to north ground floor bay.
Built as one of a terrace of four, the scale and defined proportions of this building add interest and character to the streetscape. The retention of simply proportioned timber sliding sash windows adds character to the façade. The render detailing is interesting and the inclusion of a Caduceus emblem suggests this building formerly served some medical purpose, perhaps as a dispensary.