Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Attached three-bay three-storey former house, built c.1880, with integral carriage arch to ground floor. Now in use as apartments and health clinic. Hipped artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted smooth rendered walls with moulded render eaves course, sill courses and plinth. Square-headed openings having roll moulded render surrounds to ground and first floors with uPVC windows. First floor openings surmounted by frieze with swag and fruit motifs and projecting moulded cornice. Square-headed door opening with timber panelled door, overlight and render roll moulding details to surround. Square-headed carriage arch to north end bay.
This striking house and its neighbour to the south were built as a pair and retain cohesive decorative schemes featuring elaborate render detailing. The form and massing of the structures makes them an imposing and impressive addition to the streetscape.