Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


Historical Use

Shop/retail outlet


1870 - 1890


112282, 33811

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Attached three-bay three-storey house, built c.1880, with replacement shopfront to ground floor. Now vacant. Hipped artificial slate roof with decorative rendered chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted smooth rendered walls with moulded render eaves course and rendered sill courses. Square-headed openings to second storey with uPVC windows. Square-headed openings to first floor having roll moulded render surrounds surmounted by frieze with swag and fruit motifs and projecting moulded cornice. Square-headed openings with uPVC fixed pane display windows. Recessed square-headed door opening having carved timber glazed door, chamfered moulded render porch and timber framed overlight and sidelights.


This striking house and its neighbour to the north were built as a pair and retain cohesive decorative schemes featuring attractive render detailing. The carved timber door and render door case are noteworthy features. The form and massing of the structures renders them an imposing and impressive addition to the streetscape.