Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Artistic Social
In Use As
1820 - 1860
Terraced single-bay three-storey house, built c.1840, with disused shopfront to ground floor. Now in use as house. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Square-headed openings with diminishing two-over-two timber sliding sash windows and rendered sills. Carved timber shopfront comprising incised pilasters with capitals supporting fascia board, cornice and recent scalloped canopy. Square-headed openings with timber casement display window and square-headed door opening with timber glazed door and timber leading.
A pleasing house of attractive proportions and exhibiting well-crafted timber sliding sash windows. The early twentieth century shopfront and carved timber glazed door are noteworthy features. The delicate incised detailing of the pilasters has been incorporated into newer shopfronts elsewhere on North Street. The retention of early fabric greatly enlivens the façade, while the narrow form of the building provides interest along the streetscape.