Categories of Special Interest
Architectural Artistic Social
In Use As
1850 - 1890
Terraced three-bay two-storey former house, built c.1870, later in use as shop, now in use as restaurant. Pitched artificial slate roof having rendered chimneystacks with cast-iron and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed openings with one-over-one timber sliding sash windows and concrete sills. Square-headed door opening with double-leaf replacement uPVC doors and overlight. Shopfront comprising timber panelled pilasters with consoles supporting architrave, fascia with raised porcelain lettering and moulded cornice. Square-headed door opening with double-leaf timber panelled doors and overlight. Recent round-headed timber fixed pane arcaded display windows with mullions.
An attractive building with an excellent example of a nineteenth century shopfront. The porcelain lettering is a particularly noteworthy feature of this fine shopfront. The building's historic character is further enhanced and characterised by the timber sliding sash windows.