Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1890
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey shop, built c.1870. Hipped artificial slate roof having rendered chimneystack with cast-iron and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed openings with one-over-one and two-over-two timber sliding sash windows. Shopfront comprising timber panelled pilasters supporting architrave, fascia and cornice. Square-headed timber fixed pane display windows. Square-headed door opening with double-leaf timber panelled door.
This interesting corner building holds a prominent location in the streetscape and is an integral part of a terrace. Its well crafted shopfront is an interesting feature of the building. Combined with the retention of timber sliding sash windows, this building is true to its historic form and character.