Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1890
Terraced three-bay three-storey former house, built c.1870, now in use as school and office. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls with raised lettering and plaque. Square-headed openings to first and second floor with one-over-one timber sliding sash windows and concrete sills. Shopfront comprising timber pilasters flanking openings, with consoles, fascia and cornice above. Square-headed openings with fixed display windows. Square-headed door openings with single and double-leaf timber panelled and timber glazed doors with overlights.
A well proportioned imposing building situated in the town centre. Fine examples of timber sliding sash windows are retained, as well as a finely crafted shopfront. These enliven the facade and give it an appealing character. The original form and appearance of the building is retained ensuring that it makes a positive contribution to the streetscape.