Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1860 - 1900
Terraced three-bay two-storey house, built c.1880, formerly also in use as shop. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and uPVC rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed openings with one-over-one timber sliding sash window and concrete sills. Square-headed opening to ground floor with three-over-three timber sliding sash display window with concrete sill. Square-headed door opening with timber battened door.
When compared with the majority of houses within Schull, this building shows variation in form with an irregular arrangement of openings that includes a former display window to the ground floor, an indication that the building was formerly also in commercial use. Its eyecatching form, apparent history of use and retention of historic features such as window and door materials, ensure that this house continues to make a positive contribution to the local streetscape.