Categories of Special Interest
Architectural, Artistic, Social
In Use As
1880 - 1900
Attached gable-fronted four-bay two-storey former hall, built c. 1890, having triple pile single-bay single-storey extension to west. Now in use as shop. Pitched slate roof with cast-iron finial and roof lights. Roughcast rendered walls to gable having render panels and moulded cornice. Rendered walls having moulded render panel with raised lettering. Diocletian-style window to gable having spoked fanlight. Oculi to west elevation having fixed windows and render hood mouldings. Shop fronts comprising moulded render cornice, fascia and brackets. Paired round-headed openings with moulded render surrounds with overlights over half-glazed timber panelled double-leaf doors with flanking display windows.
This former society hall is distinguished by its gabled façade with Diocletian-style window, decorative render panels and sign with raised lettering. The hall maintains its attractive render shop fronts and makes a striking contribution to the streetscape.