Survey Data

Reg No

20827333


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic


Original Use

House


In Use As

Office


Date

1810 - 1830


Coordinates

179888, 66485


Date Recorded

15/08/2007


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey over basement and with attic accommodation former house, built c. 1820, now in use as an office. Half-hipped artificial slate roof with overhanging eaves, roof lights and rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with plinth course. Camber-headed openings having replacement uPVC windows and painted sills. Slightly recessed round-headed opening having timber surround with entablature, spoked fanlight, Doric-style engaged columns having octagonal limestone plinths and timber panelled door. Cast-iron railings to basement level. Rendered wall to site.

Appraisal

Well-composed building of balanced classically derived proportions and symmetrical appearance. Built is as part of a terrace of three, the terrace is fine addition to the streetscape. The house retains a number of important salient features, such as the fenestration rhythm and spoked fanlight.