Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Corner-sited attached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1860, having rounded end-bay with conical roof. Pitched and conical slate roof and cast-iron finial, rendered chimneystack and render eaves course. Rendered walls. Square-headed openings to first floor with render surrounds, continuous sill course and replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed display windows to ground floor, south elevation. Square-headed opening to front (north) elevation having timber panelled door.
Maximizing on its corner-sited position, this building presents an appealing composition with its round tower and conical roof. Set at the junction of two roads, it occupies a notable position in the streetscape. The render details add further interest to this local landmark.