Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
Attached four-bay three-storey with dormer attic former house, built c. 1860, with timber shopfront to front (south) elevation. Now in use as shop. Mansard artificial slate roof having rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with moulded render eaves course and having continuous sill courses to upper floors. Square-headed openings having timber sliding sash windows. Recent timber shopfront comprising pilasters with scrolled consoles, cornice and fascia. Square-headed fixed display windows with flanking recessed square-headed opening having overlights over timber panelled doors.
The mansard roof, unusual in Ireland, is a characteristic feature of the imposing mid nineteenth century terraces in Cobh. The render detail articulates the façade and the building is enhanced by the retention of timber sliding sash windows.